Searching for an Individual
When searching for an Individual, these are the mandatory fields that must be provided in the search payload:
- name : The name of the individual you are searching for. The format of the name can either be:
- “Lastnames, Firstnames Middlenames” (e.g., “Trump, Donald John”). This is the preferred format for when you know the explicit lastname of the individual.
- “Firstname Middlenames Lastnames” (e.g., “Donald John Trump”). Use this format when you do not explicitly know the lastname of the profile. The algorithm will determine this automatically.
- datasets : See Searchable Datasets for more information.
Additional fields that can be provided will help the matching algorithm to produce stronger results.
- countries : Provide a list of ISO country codes. The algorithm will search in the address and nationalities of individual profiles for matches. A match will only be produced if the profile matches one of the provided countries.
- threshold : This is the minimum matching score of the profiles you are searching for. If the match score is lower than this threshold, the profile will not be returned in the results.
- dob : The date of birth of the individual you are searching for. It should be in the ISO formats of either YYYY-MM-DD or YYYY.
- dobMatching : This feature allows more fine grain controls for the date of birth matching. The match score is reduced the further the search date of birth is from the profile’s date of birth, and will be excluded completely if the date is beyond the threshold specified.
- exact – The date of birth must be a perfect match to produce a hit.
- sameYear – (default) The date of birth needs to be in the same calendar year of the date specified to produce a hit.
- withinOneYear – The date of birth must be within 1 year of the date specified in order to produce a hit.
- withinTwoYears – The date of birth must be within 2 years of the date specified in order to produce a hit.
- withinThreeYears – The date of birth must be within 3 years of the date specified in order to produce a hit.
- withinFourYears – The date of birth must be within 4 years of the date specified in order to produce a hit.
- withinFiveYears – The date of birth must be within 5 years of the date specified in order to produce a hit.
- gender: This will filter the results to either return only Male or Female profiles. Omit this field to search all profiles.
- dobRequired: If you perform a search with a date of birth, setting this to true will omit search results where there is no date of birth.
- countryRequired: If you perform a search with a country, setting this to true will omit search results where there is no country.
Results of a Search
The result of the search will include some basic information about the profile – enough for you to identify whether or not the match is in fact the profile you searched for.
- The name field tells you the primary name on the ARI profile. The match field tells you the name on the profile that was used to produce the match. If the two values are different it means that the match was on an alias of the profile.
- The resourceId is the field that you will use to access the full profile from the API. See “Retrieving an Individual Profile” below.
- The datasets list will indicate which are the active datasets the profile is tagged in. See Profile Active Datasets for more information.
Retrieving an Individual Profile
From the list of search results, it is possible to retrieve the full Individual profile by performing a query using the provided resourceId.
When you query the API using the above URI (Uniform Resource Identifier), you will receive all the data fields associated with the Individual profile.