As a systems specialist comfortable working in the hosted infrastructure space (network/systems/databases/private cloud / public cloud), you will be responsible for supporting a global systems environment critical to supporting our clients global trading environments.
The successful candidate will have a track record in hands on management and support of global enterprise scale network architecture coupled with significant knowledge of technologies, standards, and industry guidelines as they apply to the hosted infrastructure space. Essential will be a can do operational attitude which will see the successful candidate become part of a growing global operations team.
- Provision of level 1-2 support for incidents and problem resolution in a time-sensitive, customer-facing environment
- Deep understanding of Windows Server infrastructure and operations
- Provide level 1-2 Windows support
- Creation, maintenance and review of all operational run books
- Management and delivery of maintenance of security posture, including vulnerabilities, configuration management and lifecycle management of our software stack from O/S to application supporting software.
- Request fulfillment for builds, installs, changes and support for delivery of our product into the production environment.
- Execution and creation of test plans and associated change controls in line with operational standards
- Manage and support our VMWare virtualization environment
- Test, verify, debug and deploy devices and configurations according to standards
- Raise, technically verify and implement change control requests
- Perform and support our Disaster Recovery and cyber attack testing programs
- Update and audit change management database entries as needed
- Interact with other team members and other teams to progress projects and incidents
- Engagement with the wider global support teams using follow-the-sun model to manage visibility of ongoing incidents and service issues
Required Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Proven second line support experience in a time-sensitive, high availability customer-facing environment
- Proven network support and administration experience with strong hands on experience working with, deploying and supporting Windows Server and VMware architectures within large scale enterprise environment
- Experience working with and supporting distributed datacenter compute services
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills with familiarity with system monitoring, management and diagnostic tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to support irregular working hours including weekend shift working patterns
- Experience one or more of the following vendor platforms (HPE/VMWare/Netback-up/ Citrix)
- Experience of hybrid environments, esp. AWS a benefit
- Formal accreditation a benefit
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.