Trading Systems Engineers are the front line of Markets FX client services working with clients on a day-to-day basis. We provide mission critical systems for foreign exchange and Trading Systems Engineers ensure those systems are functioning at 100% availability. TSEs provide hands-on system operation, answer questions, support in-house teams, troubleshoot problems, perform upgrades and anything else required, ensuring our clients have a reliable and dependable service.
- Monitor, deploy and support sophisticated technical trading systems for the global client base.
- Troubleshoot and restore systems and processing in event of incidents and problems.
- Perform regular system checks and analysis and provide reports of system function and service level.
- Manage in-bound service requests and questions.
- Recognising and escalating critical issues according to process.
- Perform proactive event management.
- Interact with a wide spectrum of people at client sites, including support teams, system administrators, developers and traders.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Technically oriented, and literate in common operating systems such as UNIX and Linux
- Unix and Linux command line experience required.
- Proven experience in providing support for trading applications.
- Database knowledge with SQL and/or Oracle Administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- First Degree level education, preferably in an IT related subject.
- Strong desire to succeed with a “Can do” mentality.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail, self-management, initiative, discipline, and follow-through.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work flexible hours, shift and on-call, to meet client demands.
- Service Management knowledge and experience.
- Prior experience in a Finance domain is preferred.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science or related field with 2 to 5 years of relevant industry experience.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group with 13,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe.
Our ever-expanding global footprint, cutting edge products, and over 40,000 customers worldwide provide an unparalleled career experience for those who share our vision.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.