Trading Systems Engineer – 8396
Your duties and responsibilities
- Monitor, deploy, support and operate sophisticated front-office trading systems processing billions of dollars in trades a day.
- Interact with a wide spectrum of people at customer sites, including front office support teams, system administrators, developers and traders.
- Perform regular system checks and analysis and provide reports of system functioning and service level.
- Troubleshoot and restore system processing in event of incidents and problems.
- Handle in-bound service requests and questions.
- Perform proactive event management
Your skills, experience, and qualifications (Required)
- 2-5 years previous experience in a customer support role.
- Experience working in FinTech or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and experience in diagnosing connectivity issues.
- Understanding and experience working with messaging protocols (SOAP, JMS, MQ, FIX or others).
- Strong attention to detail, self-management, initiative, discipline, and follow-through.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability.
- Competent with SQL
- Familiarity with databases and message-based software systems.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet client demands.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications (Preferred)
- Trading support experience/exposure to trading protocols; e.g. FIX is a plus.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting or object-oriented programming language.
- Experience working with both Windows Server and UNIX/Linux.
- Service Management knowledge.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts