Who Are We?
Fidessa (an ION Group Company) provides exceptional trading, investment, and information solutions for the world's financial community. Our unrivalled set of mission-critical products serve both buy-side and sell-side global institutions and investment banks to boutique brokers and niche hedge funds with multi-asset trading and investment infrastructure, their market data and analysis, and their decision making and workflow technology.
We are freethinking and do not believe in rigid structure or tight controls that limit our ability to be innovative and adaptable. Our team at Fidessa is represented within several continents in multiple offices. We recognize that a business is only as good as its people. To provide and build on our high-quality platform and services, we seek to employ only the best!
Fidessa's Trading Support Analysts provide functional support for all customer requests across Fidessa's multi-asset product range. This opening has specific focus around the support and training of new and existing users of the Fidessa equities trading and risk management platform. This platform provides high-speed access to global equities exchanges and execution venues and is used by top tier brokers worldwide. Based in Jersey City, Trading Support team is part of the Fidessa Global Service Desk and is formed of an enthusiastic mix of individuals with strong technical, functional and customer service skills, looking for a challenging and varied role in a fast paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent grad or someone with up to 4 years of experience who wants direct interaction with clients and trading floors, exposure to complex financial products and a career pathway in trade support, product management or technical account management.
In order to meet the requirements of the Customer base and the diverse needs of the evolving trading landscape, the Trading Support team caters to the immediate needs of our customers, resolving a high percentage of issues independently and liaising with specialist groups within the business and technology to ensure fast resolution of issues that require additional coordination to resolve. In addition to providing real time phone, chat, and e-mail Support, Trading Support Analysts also conduct regular on-site customer visits to provide product training and support for Fidessa users. These visits provide valuable ground-level insight on how customers are using Fidessa services and can be leveraged to introduce solutions that will help improve customer workflows through new and existing Fidessa solutions. Travel will be required but will be typically less than 25% (when things stabilize).
Required Experience and Competencies
- Basic (1 year min) experience in equities trading operations, including basic knowledge of the equity markets and an understanding of equity business flows. Recent grads with significant internship experience in equities trading operations, equity markets and equity business lows will also be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or engineering concentration (Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering) with a business focus OR Business-related degree with significant exposure to Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate succinctly and accurately to customers
- Self-motivated and positive attitude
- Strong customer service ability
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a trading environment
Desired Experience and Competencies
- Experience supporting Software as a Service platforms
- Knowledge of financial software platforms
- Spanish and/or Portuguese speaking
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.