The Technical Support Engineer will work closely with client-based IT groups, internal client engagement teams and product specialists to provide seamless high quality support. Individuals in this position will act in an escalation capacity for high impact issue resolution.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for managing frontline relationships with our clients. This includes dealing with client queries, identifying and resolving issues.
- Deliver application support services to clients through various communication channels
- Liaise with client IT for software packaging, user rollouts, upgrades, troubleshooting and integration with backend processing systems
- Understand hardware, software, compliance and monitoring requirements to maintain extremely high client satisfaction levels
- Ensure other client facing teams, both IT and non-IT are fully informed of incidents and events
- Assist in IT project management tasks to ensure project delivered on time
- Occasional weekend support roster for system release is required
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2-5 years of experience in application support or related roles
- Practical knowledge of financial markets and applicable regulations
- Spoken language ability: English is a must
- Written language ability: Fluency in English language is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and often to conflicting demands
- Ability to prioritise and reprioritise work due to changing business/client requirements
- Excellent communication skills with experience of dealing with external stakeholders
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Proven experience working in a client facing role
- Fresh graduate will also be considered
- Enjoy working on a diverse range of projects
- Possess a strong passion for learning and understanding new technologies, techniques, tools, etc.
- Able to adapt to new projects, tasks and teams and changes in direction quickly
- Demonstrates courage and integrity
- Independent thinking and working plus an affinity for problem-solving
- Team player
We’re a diverse group of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.