Technical Support role:
ION manages a global client base running high availability financial systems 24 hours per day. To support this critical service, ION runs a “follow the sun” approach, with teams across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
The successful candidate will be adept at providing support, juggling multiple tasks, managing priorities and maintaining a strong relationship with clients while working in a fast paced and demanding environment. We are looking for individuals who understand the importance of customer relationships and who are solution focused with excellent communication skills. You will have an interest in both IT and finance and be enthusiastic about developing your skill set with a thirst for knowledge.
Key responsibilities will include interacting daily, communicating status, and risk relating to ongoing incidents and handling functional and technical questions. ION is looking for candidates with an enquiring mind and an analytical and proactive approach to problem solving. ION strives to offer an unparalleled level of support to our clients and as such, candidates should be able to understand clients' perspective and work with them to reach a combined understanding and issue resolution. A significant portion of your time will be spent building client relationships, liaising with SMEs and development teams to provide an excellent level of service.
• Perform technical investigation of client incidents, regularly communicating status and risk either directly to the client or through ION's Business Desk.
• Escalate to and work alongside development and implementation teams to ensure incident impact is mitigated in the shortest time possible.
• Perform and document full root cause analysis.
• Log, prioritize, and manage incidents within ION's IT Service Management tool, ensuring they are regularly updated and accurately reflect the current state of investigation.
• Develop technical, functional, and business knowledge required to investigate and resolve incidents
• Liaise with internal groups as necessary, including Development, Implementation, and Infrastructure teams
• Provide technical assistance during new installations on-site
• Build and maintain strong client relationships
• Ability to work effectively within a team with minimal supervision
• Willing to work in shifts, weekends and Indian bank holidays, for maintenance work
• Willing to travel, if required
• Computer Science degree (or equivalent)
• 2–7 years' experience in a similarly fast paced industry
• Strong analytical, reasoning and decision-making skills
• First class written and spoken English
• Excellent understanding of computer operating systems (Windows/Linux/Unix), networks, and SQL/databases
• Drive, initiative and commitment
• Execution, productivity, rigor and attention to detail
• Teamwork, reliability and collaboration
• Lateral thinking and good judgment
• Ability to communicate confidently and concisely using business acumen
• Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with customers and colleagues
• Calmness under pressure and the ability to maintain good humour, particularly in the face of adversity
• Imagination, creativity, innovation and continuous service improvement
• While this is not a programming role, sound knowledge of basic concepts of a scripting/programming language (highly desirable)
• Knowledge / experience of ITIL processes
• Understanding / experience of financial markets, e.g. derivatives and electronic trading
• Experience of working in Managed services / SaaS environments
• The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them.
• This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading software specialist in the exciting global finance sector.