Development role: A Technical consultant is responsible for designing, coding, testing and implementing the customer requirements and working in a team environment with business analysts and project managers.
Systems role:A Technical consultant is responsible for deploying, testing and implementing the product and working in a team environment with business analysts and project managers.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
· Gain proficiency in one or more business area.
· Attend product trainings to gain knowledge of the system’s functionality, architecture and technical components.
· Gather and document technical requirements, code specifications, test plans/results, and any other deliverables required by the project as determined by the Project Manager or a Principal/Senior Technical Consultant.
· Follow documentation standards and resolution process flow for all deliverables.
· Keep Manager and Project Manager(s) informed regarding the status of assigned responsibilities.
· Maintain full chargeability on client account(s) as assigned.
· Travel to customer site to work on projects as needed.
· Development role:
- Participate in requirements analysis, custom code development (design/configuration/testing) and provide production support for the client’s business needs.
- Demonstrate strong reporting and development skills.
- Assume hands-on project implementation duties (design, coding, testing) in all phases of the implementation, reporting to the Project Manager.
- Adhere to development best practices in one or more technical development in all technical design, specifications, custom coding, and unit testing deliverables.
· Systems role:
- Participate in product deployment & configuration at client site.
- Provide clients with full range of technical support services for troubleshooting technical issues.
- Gain proficiency in one or more Technical area for the product (interfaces, deployment, performance tuning, database analysis, etc).
- Assume hands-on project implementation duties (install, configure, test) in all phases of the implementation, reporting to the Project Manager.
- Setup internal Ion product environments for testing and validation as needed.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a directly related IT field.
· 2+ years’ experience in Software Design and Development or deployment.
· Experience working with at least one object-oriented languages such asC# .NET, Java, C++.
· Experience with DBMS such Oracle, MS SQL Server, Access, Sybase is required.
· Experience in the energy, commodities or financial field or working with an ETRM/ or CTRM system.
· Experience in designing, configuring, and troubleshooting installations of enterprise software in client environments.
· Experienced and skilled user of office productivity tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Project Server.
· Strong understanding of relational database concepts.
· Strong Object-Oriented Skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· For on-site consultants, ability to work onsite at client locations as needed.
· Ability to work as part of a project team structure.
· Development role:
- Experience working with Integrated Development environments such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, Visual Studio Code.
- Experience with Interface implementation following industry standard integration patterns.
- Ability to follow design specifications with little guidance from senior resources.
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (GIT, TFS, Confluence, Bamboo) and issue tracking systems (Jira, NetSuite) is required.
- Ability to follow standard SDLC patterns as determined by the project.
· Systems role:
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting installations of enterprise software in client environments.
- Fundamental networking knowledge.
- Fundamental Operating system and security architecture knowledge.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (Azure and AWS).
- Familiarity with industry standard performance monitoring tools
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.