Technical Analyst – 8276
- Investigates incidents assigned to them by the Service Desk
- Prioritizes incidents and keep them up to date on the internal incident tracking system.
- Communicates updates effectively and promptly to the client.
- Builds up and maintains a knowledge of the software supported, including database structure and configuration files to assist in issue investigation.
- Oversee and test deployment of direct delivered software
- Deals with unexpected events or failures which limit clients use of the supported systems
- Carries out application and capacity system checks, aiming to identify and resolve issues before they impact clients
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments to assist with the delivery of our service to clients
- Works closely with 3rd party vendors and exchanges regarding software upgrades and market events
- Adheres to "best practice" and department procedures for client communications, incident progression and investigation
- Participates in the team shift patterns and assists with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Good grounding in and desire to develop technical skills in areas such as database technologies and system performance.
- Ability to read and understand code in one or more of the following: C++, TCL, UNIX Scripting
- Ability to troubleshoot and approach problem solving in a logical manner
- Able to use own initiative, good attention to detail
- Technical Operations Analysts need to be dynamic, resilient and objective, delivering rapid and accurate solutions to the incidents raised by customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A confident and professional manner
- Able to manage own time and a changing workload
- Co-operative approach to working with team members and other departments
- Able to view situations from a customer perspective and act accordingly
- A strong desire to develop a deep understanding of financial markets and business flows and system functionality
- Working knowledge of networks and network infrastructure is desirable
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts