Our technology department is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our India team and help transform Corporate IT. As a senior member of the team, you will roll out and manage a large global infrastructure including deployment of AD/Azure from legacy domains to one unified platform, upgrade an aging estate of workstations, implement security tooling in line with the group’s standards and continue to improve our technology stack.
The purpose of this role is to provide a dedicated infrastructure resource, working as part of our global corporate IT team ensuring sound technical delivery of services to our global internal user base. You will work with engineers and managers in different regions to plan, deploy and review IT projects. You will form part a global team that focuses on the delivery of efficient and highly capable services to allow our users to perform their roles with ease. Emergency tier 1 support is also expected.
You will work in a fast-paced environment driving performance and reliability from software, infrastructure, and internal cloud-based deliverables. You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert, and advocate, available to the heads of departments and fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical & troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands, solid communication skills, and a desire to tackle the complex problems that sometimes arise.
· Maintain & monitor all security and computer management systems, to meet current and future requirements
· Jointly responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of productivity tools such as SCCM, InTune, Azure SSO, Office 365 and Active Directory as well as Backend Desktop Engineering
· Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
· Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
· Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
· Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and customer and business stakeholder requirements
· Perform infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
· Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure a productive environment.
· Professionally represent the team as a technical consultant on projects.
· Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
· Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
· Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
· Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract
Skills & Requirements:
· Degree educated in Computer Science or relevant experience
· Several Microsoft certifications in Servers, AD, Azure, SCCM is preferable
· Microsoft Certified in at least one desktop and one server discipline
· Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
· Desire to enhance your technical knowledge, always learning through collaboration and knowledge sharing across the technology team
· Thrive in an environment where you and your team have a high degree of autonomy
· Solid technical background in a hostedvirtualized services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
· Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange/Office 365 and other Microsoft Server Applications such as SCCM/MECM
· Experience in multiple technologies including Microsoft operating systems (Windows 10, Windows 7, Server), Dell P.C.s and Laptops, Endpoint Security and Encryption
· Good knowledge of security, and experience in ISO 27001 environments beneficial
· Candidate should have experience and working Knowledge of GPO's (Group Policy Objects), SCCM 2016, active directory, Office 365, Powershell, security standards and engineering, technical documentation, evaluating, testing, and providing solutions within corporate standards
· Experience using monitoring tools
· Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
· Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
· Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
· Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
· Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
· Experience working in a project and change management environment ensuring standards are met