Systems Administrator II – 6139
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Work directly with global team to upgrade all versions of Windows servers and Vmware hypervisors.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day physical and virtual system problems.
- Consolidate and upgrade equipment to reduce cost and complexity.
- Submit change management tickets and manage their lifecycle to completion for systems.
- Act to consolidate Active Director forests and domains to a single domain.
- Research, design, recommend and implement solutions for creating modern data centers that maximize energy efficiency, cost savings and global management.
- Assist in all office and data Center consolidation projects.
- Perform firmware upgrades to remediate bugs and security risks.
- Deploy, rack, cable patch, and decommission equipment.
- Initiate and communicate with Ion internal business line personnel to provide knowledge pertaining to the servers their team’s utilize.
- Work closely with the networking team to troubleshoot and provide remote hands to address physical networking concerns.
- Schedule and track hardware maintenance.
- Create operational procedures and processes as they pertain to the global data centers.
- Security awareness and remediation of vulnerability on applications and servers.
- Assist in upgrading aged hardware across multiple entities and locations.
- Remediate problematic machines that fail to patch or have security agent problems.
- Document both existing and proposed systems utilizing various Microsoft applications such as Visio, Word, etc.
- Pro-active monitoring and maintenance of hardware and software.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of work experience building and troubleshooting physical and virtual servers, hypervisor hosts, hardware platforms. Some higher education preferred.
- Should have strong, hands-on technical knowledge of storage system logic and management.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work odd hours on occasion, be autonomous within a team structure.
- Applicant should be willing to work extra hours to get the job completed to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Knowledge of basic hardware configurations: memory, compute, storage, BIOS, networking.
- Hand-on experience with VMware, Hyper-V and if possible Ovirt.
- Experience with blade chassis and stand-alone servers.
- Be detail oriented as it relates to capturing IT information, updating tickets, and communicating risks.
- Should understand security protocols, procedures, and best practices.
- Must be able to quickly grasp high level concepts and be able to relate these with applicable business requirements.
- Must have hands-on experience with Windows-Active Directory and related server roles and configurations.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues during installation and upgrades.
- Proven experience with change control operations and procedures.
- Documentation and organization skills are critical.
- Ability to work independently.
- Azure and 365 experience is plus, but not necessary.
- Strong communication both verbal and written.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts