Support Engineer – 9156
- Responds to customers’ inquiries relating to technical and functional issues with our products through phone, email, and case management system.
- Track inquiry resolution progress.
- Communicates updates effectively and promptly to the client.
- Builds up and maintains a knowledge of the software supported, including database structure and configuration files to assist in issue investigation.
- Deals with unexpected events or failures which limit clients use of the supported systems.
- Carries out application system checks, aiming to identify and resolve issues before they affect clients.
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments and third party vendors to assist with the delivery of our service to clients.
- Supports customers on testing new or changed products and services to ensure that they meet defined requirements.
- Assists with releases and deployments of services components.
- Participates in all the activities related to the IT security and cybersecurity with the aim of mitigating risk and supporting recovery programs for the area of responsibility. Runs system analysis to identify potential issues.
- Adheres to "best practice" and department procedures for client communications, incident progression and investigation.
- Participates in the team shift patterns and assists with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Have an enquiring mind with an analytical and proactive approach to problem solving, even when under pressure
- Good knowledge of Linux (and/or other Unix), and familiarity at the command line is preferred.
- Good knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL language.
- Knowledge of IT security and cybersecurity best practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and approach problem solving in a logical manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A confident and professional manner.
- Able to manage own time and a changing workload.
- Co-operative approach to working with team members and other departments.
- Able to view situations from a customer perspective and act accordingly.
- Willingness to work shifts.
- Availability to work on weekends.
- Knowledge of financial industry is a plus.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts