We’re a diverse group of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
The goal of the Senior Business Consultant is to contribute to the success of the project by providing specific software and industry experience while mentoring other team members.
• Provide industry and functional advice and troubleshooting in the discovery workshop, design, implementation, testing, and production support of the Product solution for the client’s business needs
• Present the Product solution to client users
• Support the deliverables of the technical consultants by providing business and functional guidance, review, testing, and validation of scripted solutions (reports, plugins, and interfaces)
• Consult with client users to determine business requirements and work processes to be addressed by one or more areas of the Product solution
• Demonstrate deep knowledge in one or more areas of Product configuration and in one or more energy commodities
• Provide guidance to Business Consultants in one or more functional areas of the Product solution
• Assist with professional services best practices as directed by line manager
• Assume hands-on project implementation duties in all phases of the Product implementation, reporting to the Project Manager
• Gather and document business requirements, configuration designs, test plans/results, and any other deliverables required by the project as determined by the Project Manager and Lead Business Consultant
• Keep Line Manager and Project Manager(s) informed regarding the status of assigned responsibilities
• Adhere to implementation best practices in one or more functional areas of the Commodity product’s solution in all functional design, specifications, custom coding, and unit testing deliverables
• Follow ION’s specific product documentation standards and resolution process flow for all deliverables.
• Maintain full chargeability on client account(s) as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Economics, or a related IT field or equivalent experience in a related field
• Ability to work as part of a project team structure
• Ability to work onsite at client locations
• Strong client-facing skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
· Minimum 5 years of direct experience at OpenLink or other Software Company in designing, configuring, and troubleshooting Product installations in client environmentsof experience
· 5+ years industry experience or consulting experience
· 5+ years systems experience