ION is a leader in Financial Technology, Automation and Data. Our products enable financial institutions of all sizes to compete effectively and deliver differentiated offerings to their clients at reduced cost and complexity. We build our products using enterprise class open-source software and ION Core Technology. ION products are delivered via on-premise and cloud deployments as well as SaaS (Software as a Service) offerings.
Your role contributes in building innovative products, for our global diverse customer base, that create a massive adoption a.k.a. disruption in the market. The products will be part of our next generation low touch, real-time trading, business-process-automation and risk-management solutions.
You will drive and build the products bringing new innovations, better user experiences to increase operational efficiency. You will mentor colleagues for strong technology foundations and culture of delivery excellence.
Success in this role requires passion for product innovation, technology, and customer focus.
What you’ll be doing
• Drive, design, build, and deliver end-to-end projects using Agile and User Centered Design process.
• Build a distributed system based on service-oriented architecture and SOLID design principles. You will need to deal with concurrency, reactive programming, distributed data
• Shape the future financial technology stack via innovative low-touch, real-time, high performant ION products
• Demonstrate experience writing enterprise software applications for high frequency, low latency trading.
• Innovate, recommend, design, drive a product evolution that creates business value for the end user and/or reduces Total Cost of Ownership of the product.
· Hit the ground running with the typical Java ecosystem stack (Spring and its subprojects, dependency injection frameworks, Maven, Hibernate...)
• Be able to pick up new technologies along their whole development stack including non-java ecosystems.
• Be passionate about delivering quality code and build culture of continuous learning and improvement in team by identifying technical debts/improvements.
• Have the desire to collaborate, and like sharing and learning from your colleagues
What we are looking
• Product development experience in designing and coding complex, enterprise, applications in Core Java (Java 8+).
• Have a deep understanding of multithreading, data structures and algorithms.
• Distributed Architecture Concepts/Design Patterns/SOLID principles (SOA, Microservices, Cloud hosting Solutions preferably AWS).
• Knowledge of JMS, hands on experience with any one of messaging frameworks like Active MQ, Kafka.
• Hands on experience with any ORM framework preferably Hibernate and its usage using JPA.
• Hands on experience with database technologies, SQL, NoSQL, concepts like DB Partitioning/Sharding.
• Experience with any dependency injection framework like Spring, Guice
• Test-driven development, which includes Unit and End-to-End Testing
• Experience with Agile software development (e.g., SCRUM or KANBAN) and/or User Centered Design process.
• Experience with build automation tools like Jenkins pipelines for Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD), maven, gradle.
• (Optional) Experience with, knowledge of, and strong demonstrated interest in, global financial markets and financial products.
Personal skills we believe will bring success
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Entreprenurial mindset to problem solving.
• Collaboration skills
• Seeking feedback and continuously improving