We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
· Manage SQL Server databases
· Install, configure and maintain database servers and processes
· Monitor system's health and performance
· Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
· Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time
· Provide suggestions for solutions
· Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
· Assist with query tuning and schema refinement
· Provide support for critical production systems
· Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities
• 5+ years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Experience with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server (including AlwaysOn)
• Experience with Windows server, including Active Directory
· Strongly interested in Cloud technologies
· Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS migration is highly preferred
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong problem solving skills
· 5+ years’ experience in Computer Science or information science related fields.
· Strong technical background with a proven track record in managing and delivering IT projects