We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
What are we trying to do?
Wallstreet Suite is an enterprise solution for the world’s largest and most complex organizations. It offers an advanced and highly configurable treasury and risk management system for global treasuries with high demand for scalability and volume.
· Real-time visibility: Manage intraday cash and liquidity, funding sources and credit capacity. Monitor exposures and trade controls. Investigate issues with interactive dashboards.
· Decision-making and performance: Monitor bank statements. Benefit from comparative, trend and performance analysis and time series reporting. Create and monitor KPI’s and metrics.
· Position and risk management: Build multiple in-house banks. Trade in multiple asset classes. Calculate risk figures, perform valuation, what-if scenarios, and value at risk. Apply hedge accounting.
· Security and controls: Leverage sanction screening lists, data validation, segregation of duties, and workflow controls. Set trade and trader limits. Monitor and audit system activity and conduct vulnerability testing.
· Enterprise management: Manage both legal entity and business unit perspectives. Optimize cash flows with payment factory, invoice netting, and pooling. Report under multi-GAAPs accounting.
What do we need help on?
We are looking for talented Java developer to support the team and contribute to the development of our most complex features and functionality. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who relishes complex technical challenges and finds deep satisfaction in solving programming problems. Excellent knowledge of Java and object-oriented programming concepts are essential skills for this role.
· Contribute to the product enhancements, new feature development and test automation
· Rigorously follow the development best practices and help build quality software
· Completely own and escalate issues in a timely manner
What are the hard skills most valuable?
· 3+ years of full-stack, hands on experience developing low latency high throughput multi-threaded java applications
· Familiarity with database technologies - SQL, NoSQL, DBMS concepts
· Familiar with source code management systems (Git and Subversion)
· Experience working with high paced Agile team following Scrum methodologies
· FinTech experience will be a plus
· Experience working on cloud native applications will be a plus
What are the soft skills most valuable?
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
· Ability to create a strong working relationship with product management and colleagues
· Entrepreneurial mindset to problem solving
· Seeking feedback and continuously improving
· Have a “quality” mindset
· Ability to react positively to changes in workload, targets, and plans
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team