We require an IT Support Engineer to work in the London office. The role will help support the internal IT function.
As a member of the IT Services Team, you will provide a first line and second line support for the internal IT Infrastructure and Business Applications deployed in Fidessa to employees on a regional and global basis. This is an exciting chance to gain experience working in a front-line support environment and develop your technical skills and system knowledge.
The successful candidate will need a strong technical background in desktop support for Microsoft Windows and Office, as well as experience in general PC and 3rd party application support. A relevant Microsoft or CompTIA Certification is not required but would be preferred, an ITIL qualification would also be advantageous. Knowledge of endpoint protection is required and experience with Blackberry applications, Avaya phone systems and Audio/Visual technologies will be beneficial. There will be extensive internal user interaction and the ability to work in a team environment, flexibility, enthusiasm and a result oriented approach is a must.
There will be a requirement to be involved in the general maintenance of the IT Services environment, with weekend work being required from time to time.
- Practical experience of working in an internal/operational support role
- Windows 7 & 10 desktop experience
- Experience with Anti-Virus/Endpoint Protection software
- Strong MS Office 365 skills, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Calmness under pressure and ability to maintain good humour
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely using business acumen
- Be able to grasp concepts quickly, and have attention to detail
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with users and technical teams
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Positive and flexible “can do” attitude with the ability to work well in a team environment
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Clear, accurate and concise written and verbal communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first line support for internal IT equipment and systems used by ION employees
- PC hardware and software installation and troubleshooting, including peripherals
- Support of LoB Applications such as SAP, HP Quality Center and Remedy Helpdesk
- Accurately record/assign details of calls in our issue tracking system
- Accurately categorise faults and queries and prioritise them in accordance with agreed Service Levels
- Ensure that all Help Desk related issues are resolved or where necessary escalated
- Manage call-logging queues as required, ensuring timely and accurate professional feedback on progress
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance in the rapid restoration of normal services to internal users
- Identify problem areas where training and education could reduce the level of calls
- Ensure that all IT related equipment is configured to an agreed specification and documented as necessary
- Produce weekly and monthly statistics for distribution to key personnel
- Produce and maintain documentation for use by end users and other members of the Corporate IT team
- Ability to do shift work between 7am – 7pm, as well as additional hours as required
- Ability to provide cover in the London and Woking offices when required. Advance notice for this will be given
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.