We are looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to join a new design team. You will be working with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver market leading products which deliver the highest impact, usability and success.
You will be central to establishing our product design strategy and ways of working as we start designing complex products and build out our design system. We are looking for someone who is an expert in user-centred design, motivated, and enjoys learning new concepts in complex domains.
This position is for a full-time, permanent contract with the possibility to work remotely.
What you’ll be doing
* Putting users at the center of a flexible design process to solve complex business problems.
* Researching and understanding customer needs, goals and pains to create design concepts.
* Working closely with business and product partners to better understand the business problems and the product domain.
* Participating in and running workshops and collaboration sessions.
* Creating user journeys, sketches, wire-frames and interactive prototypes.
* Communicating the rationale behind your research and design decisions. Explaining why something is a good solution, the problem it solves, and why it is better than alternative solutions.
* Be the voice of the user in product decisions and be comfortable challenging a “it’s always been done this way” mindset.
* Collaborating with other UX Designers and UI Designers on research, interactions, and aesthetics to raise the quality of the team’s output.
* Providing Engineers with verbal and written guidance to build the proposals and collaborating with them to ensure the workflows meet the user’s needs and interactions are consistent.
* Helping establish an inclusive, collaborative, and creative team culture.
* Contributing to and evolving our design system.
What we are looking for
* An excellent understanding of UCD.
* Expertise in user research and design methods in order to understand the current experience and propose the future experience.
* 5+ years of UX experience.
* Experience working collaboratively with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers.
* Expertise with tools such as Figma and Sketch.
* Very good level of spoken and written English.
Nice to have experience
* Designing complex products with significant scope.
* Creating, using, and improving a design system.
* Working as part of a team split across multiple locations.
* Working in Agile methodologies.
Personal skills we believe will bring success
* Ability to communicate complex design concepts clearly.
* Collaboration skills.
* Be able to see problems from different perspectives.
* The drive to keep trying different solutions for a problem until it is solved.
* A team player who cares about doing a great job, seeks out feedback and looks to improve.
A portfolio demonstrating how you work as well as your deliverables is needed.
At ION, we’re a diverse group of visionary innovators
Enabling financial institutions of all sizes to compete effectively and deliver differentiated offerings to their clients at reduced cost and complexity
#1 partner of choice for trading solutions and infrastructure with financial institutions across the world
We are innovators: we’re a diverse group of visionary innovators
We are imaginative: We believe in creating rather than patching. We are not limited by the status quo when looking for ways to define our systems or processes.
We are rigorous: Our systems play a critical role within our clients’ businesses, so our experts do things right first time, with exceptional quality
We think long-term: We balance short-term opportunities with long-term sustainable relationships. We invest in R&D that shapes the future of automation and hence opportunities for our clients’ businesses
We progress together: Personal development at ION is collaborative and mutually beneficial. We inspire each other to succeed through a positive culture and continuous improvement.