ION is looking for a well-motivated Senior System Administrator to join the Datacenter Systems team in the Somerset NJ location. The position is currently hybrid on-off site and requires a minimum of 2 days onsite at the main office in Somerset NJ.
Our team manages 2000+ Redhat & some Solaris running on HPE hardware across multiple datacenters in North America and South America. We are looking for someone who has hands on experience supporting systems hardware and OS issues in a production systems environment. There are several significant and exciting projects pending in these datacenters that would be a great opportunity and challenge for the engineer who wants to take the next, significant, step in their career.
Required Experience and Skills
- 6 + years experience as a Systems Administrator for Redhat. CentOS, Solaris and Windows server are a plus.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Administrating and managing datacenter systems with working knowledge and/or exposure to one of more of the following: running DNS, LDAP/LDAPS, Postfix, NTP, Puppet, cobbler, ProFTP and squid Proxy.
- Scripting and Automation of administrative tasks using shell scripts. Ansible playbook, Perl and Python are a big plus
- Create & maintain technical documentation, this would include standard operating procedures and processes, etc.
- Experience with server virtualization: Linux KVM required, Solaris zones and vmware are a plus
- Hardware experience with HPE ProLiant servers required. Blade systems. HP MSA Storage & 3PAR are a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, NFS, Apache, and SSH/SFTP
- Understanding of network terminology such as vlan, bonding, aggregates, routing, multicast, and NATs
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and PRTG
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to resolve mission critical problems.
- Experience handling service requests & support tickets in a timely manner
- Adhere to production processes and change management policies
- Good communication skills
- Someone who is a team player
- Ability to work with various datacenters with remote hands support.
- Willing to work on Saturday for production rollouts 2X per month (with additional production pay)
- Required on-call rotation 1 week per month (with additional on-call pay)
- Occasional domestic/international travel to remote datacenter locations
- Fluent in Spanish
- Fluent in Portuguese
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With over 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.