About us and this role
We are looking for an autonomous senior software engineer to join our team, responsible for building the new generation of data solutions to transform and change global capital markets.
If your ambitions are more than just coding, but rather joining a team of experts that count on you as an analytical and creative engineer, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Help us transform rich sets of public and proprietary data into groundbreaking business intelligence for the most influential participants in the global financial market, namely banks, investors, lawyers, corporations, and advisors.
You will be surrounded by a lean, friendly, and helpful culture where supporting your continuous improvement and learning is important to us.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take part in creating, deploying and managing the organization's data architecture
- Design and implement data transformations
- Implement new analytical models and improve on existing capabilities
- Collaborate with data science teams
- Think and work in a service-oriented architecture
- Continuously learn and improve our financial domain model
- Develop, test, and support production software for sophisticated users making important and complex decisions
- Work closely with users and product managers to ensure that you and the team are building what the users want and need
- Champion performance, reliability, and security of your services
- Release to production early and often
- Do more by automating tasks, building tooling, and removing repetitive work
- Willingness to organize around work as we adapt to our clients’ needs and market demands
- Solve problems in a self-directed manner
- When necessary, take the lead in small groups of engineers to obtain a decision and provide a solution
- Work collaboratively in a flat structure
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a software developer
- .NET Framework / .NET Core, C#
- RESTFul APIs
- SQL Database and relational data modelling
- Effective written and verbal communication in English
- Critical and Analytical thinking
- Agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Scrum)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Cloud (Azure)
- CI/CD, Git
- First principles thinking
More about ION Analytics
We’re a diverse group of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
- Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading, and risk
- Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently. Our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.