We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Our clients will rely on your code to move billions in foreign currencies every day. Work with the brightest quants and engineers at MarketFactory and amongst our bank, broker, and hedge fund clients. As a Senior Software Engineer you will be at the center of the company, and the heart of the FX market, by designing, implementing, and maintaining the latest big data and automated code-generation technology.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
· Experience coding object-oriented software using C++ in a Linux environment
· Development of low-latency optimizations on real-time or trading systems
· Experience with event programming and service-oriented architecture
· Experience with scripting or dynamic languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl)
· Development using networking protocols (TCP, UDP, multicast)
· Experience with FIX, SBE, ITCH, OUCH
· Developed a code generator for complex applications
· Knowledge and experience with low-latency messaging middleware
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.