The ION Corporates Technical Services Team is a global group of experienced Functional, Technical and Project Management consulting professionals who collaborate closely with all areas of the organization, and our clients.
Senior Project Managers oversee the execution and completion of IT solutions projects in the professional services arena. Provides budget analysis, labor planning, and coordination of activities between client and company personnel. Monitors project completion from initiation through delivery to meet revenue and cost projections. Oversees performance of the delivery, installation and client acceptance of capitalized equipment, enterprise software systems, or system integration projects or engagements. Typically utilizes management skills more than technical skills. Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing solutions to clients. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
· Provide leadership of multi-disciplinary professionals in a project structure in the scoping/discovery workshop, design, configuration, testing, and production support of the ION Commodities and Treasury solutions for the client’s business needs
· Provide direct management of resources assigned to project and act as personnel supervisor for HR issues during the course of the assignment
· Serve as the client’s principal point of contact for project status, solution quality, scope control, issues, risks, billing, personnel management, and the ION solution
· Manage project Profit and Loss, including effective project cost and revenue budgeting, analysis and forecasting
· Manage project change control
· Plan, lead, manage, and coordinate ION project tasks, resources, deliverables, issues logs, scope logs, weekly timesheets, project expense reports, monthly invoices, and all other administrative documentation on an ongoing basis
· Determine the optimal utilization of resources at a task and personnel level
· Keep the client management informed on a daily basis regarding all project issues, risks, and delays
· Actively engage project stakeholders and manage client expectations regarding the delivery of the ION solution
· Actively coordinate the participation of client users through the client project manager to ensure project success
· Provide weekly project status reports to the client project manager, project steering committee, and ION management, including all information necessary to track the status of the project against the project plan
· Coordinate and attend project and steering committee meetings
· Manage the release to client of software updates and license keys
· Prepare, present to client, and obtain signoff of Request for Support Services (RSS) forms, acceptance documentation, and final project acceptance
· Maximise chargeability on one or more client accounts simultaneously
· Serve as mentors and role models for the consulting staff
· Enhance, publish, and train staff regarding implementation best practices
· Present the ION solution to both client executive and user-level audiences
· Coordinate and conduct employee performance appraisals for personnel assigned to projects throughout the calendar year
· Provide sales support through project plan development, estimation, and document authoring for RFP/RFI responses, sales proposals, and Statements of Work to meet the client’s desired business requirements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Economics, or a related IT field or equivalent experience in a related field.
· Significant project management experience with comprehensive life cycles at software, consulting, or systems integration firm with delivery responsibility to client organizations.
· Prior hands-on experience with structured project management.
· Energy, commodities or financial services industries specific strongly preferred.
· Excellent client-facing skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work onsite at client locations throughout North America.
· Proven leadership skills with teams of five or more professionals.