DASH Financial Technologies (a part of ION Group) is a leading trading technology provider to the institutional trading community. With a suite of highly customizable tools, DASH designs and delivers intelligent, high performance solutions in four product categories: Trading Technologies, Execution Services, Analytics and Regulatory Technologies. With a relentless focus on transparency, performance and customization, DASH Financial Technologies caters to institutions that require increasingly specialized, complex, and adaptable tools to exceed their goals surrounding best execution.
DASH was launched in 2011 with the mission to create elegant, high performance technology solutions for the capital markets community. Founded on a philosophy of transparency, performance, and service we strive to execute our goals with focus and passion, while fostering a culture of education, innovation, and craftsmanship.
DASH is currently looking for a Senior level Network Engineer to join our team. DASH is a fast-paced Financial Technology service provider. The ideal candidate for this role understands and is comfortable working in a fluid, challenging, and high-uptime environment. A successful candidate must be able to manage and prioritize a deep task list and be comfortable performing some work duties outside of market hours (nights and weekends), must not be afraid of asking questions and know when to escalate, and always be able to handle tough production support scenarios with professionalism and levelheadedness. This is a unique opportunity to work in a small shop as a true generalist and have an opportunity to grow technically, working on mission-critical and complex projects. You'll be able coordinate, manage and complete entire projects from A to Z.
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Occasional nights and weekend hours. This position will be hybrid, with approximately 3 days in office and 2 days working remotely.
This position will require travel to regional offices. Travel can be up to 25%.
Will be expected to travel to out of state offices from 1-3 weeks a year.
Our main office is in Jersey, City, NJ and our Data Center is in Secaucus, NJ
- Manage Client, Vendor, and internal stakeholder correspondence via Email and IM.
- Manage workload and backlog via ticketing queue.
- Monitor and maintain a suite of network monitoring tools and be the internal authority on network monitoring.
- Arrange and attend meetings regarding project work or incidents.
- Diligently follow up on all open tasks and project work.
- Keep their eyes and ears open and in sync with the business and prioritize items critical to its day-to-day functionality and uptime.
- Travel up to 25% of the time to regional offices.
Required Skills and Experience
- 12-15 years of a logical networking background, preferable in the financial technology space.
- 7 years of colocation DATA CENTER experience.
- 7 years of hardware data center deployment experience.
- 5 years of client facing (onboarding) experience in a technical environment.
- 7 years of solution (sustaining engineering) input will be expected within the discipline they cover.
- 7 years of Cisco Nexus, IOS and Arista EOS experience.
- 7-10 years of Financial Market Data Feed support.
- 7 or more years of venue connectivity experience.
- 10 or more years’ experience and a strong TCP/IP communication understanding with ability to apply knowledge using Wireshark or similar tools.
- 10 years’ experience of BGP Peering and network integration concepts.
- 7 or more years of OSPF functional understanding and experience.
- 3-5 years of EIGRP functional understanding and experience.
- 5 years of network Management experience with Solar Winds Orion or similar tools (Zabbix, PRTG, Nagios).
- Ability to create and/or follow Installation Process
- 5 Years of Firewall management experience (Juniper, and Palo Alto)
- At least 3 years of Cisco ASA/FPR firewalls experience.
- Strong Troubleshooting methods and operational approach.
- Experience managing projects and working with relevant hardware vendors.
- Identifying and diagnosing solutions to improve day to day performance.
- Wireless experience a plus
- Linux Operational experience 3-5 years.
- Have a valid driver's license and automobile in order to travel to main office and data center.
- Can be delegated a project, issue or specific directive and will follow it through diligently to its completion.
- Can execute work without supervision in a production data center.
- Communicates accordingly and professionally to their manager and colleagues.
- Understands the method in which work is delegated and follows direction from their manager.
More About ION Group
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group with 13,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe,
Our ever-expanding global footprint, cutting edge products, and over 40,000 customers worldwide provide an unparalleled career experience for those who share our vision.
DASH Financial Technologies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DASH Financial Technologies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
DASH Financial Technologies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DASH Financial Technologies employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.