We’re visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation solutions, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, financial institutions, central banks, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. We’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Your duties and responsibilities
• Create a state-of-the-art secure cloud architecture and strategy, supported by a robust and flexible infrastructure with reliable and efficient operating model.
• Designing and implementing deployment, maintenance, monitoring, and management processes within the cloud strategy.
• Design and support the Development team in creating new cloud-native applications, while reviewing existing applications to migrate them to support the cloud architecture strategy.
• Regularly evaluate the best cloud applications, hardware, and practices to keep the ION Cloud up-to-date with the best of breed available in the industry.
• Provide training and guidance to the rest of the organization, navigating them within the cloud journey.
• Engage with Product Development teams to ensure cloud-native architecture becomes part of the standard design principles followed, supporting continuous integration and delivery models.
• Maintain strong and continuous engagement with security experts internally and externally to ensure the ION Cloud architecture and operating model is up to the top security standards.
• Work with stakeholders and c-level executives to agree on strategies to meet customers' needs and to implement the cloud strategies accordingly.
We might ask you to perform other tasks and duties as your role expands.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications required
• Extensive knowledge and experience in: AWS, Azure, GCP, with at least 3y specific experience in either AWS or Azure.
• Microservices and cloud native architectures supporting the highest security standards
• Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies
• Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems
• Experience working with diverse, remote, and distributed teams across multiple regions and time zones.
• A proven track record as architect and consultant, capable of working directly with teams, embedded in the delivery model
• Security awareness and research: understand the importance of security best practices and know-how to establish a robust set of defenses in line with the company requirements.
This position is for a full-time, permanent contract with the possibility to work remotely in Italy.
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99
) please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
If you’re from a non-EU country, you must have a valid EU visa or work permit.
We will only consider direct applications. CVs received via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.