We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION’s Corporate DBA Group support 2000+ Database Instances of multiple RDBMS as well as NoSQL Technologies for Production as well as non-Production environments, hosted within ION’s Hybrid Cloud.
This Database Administrator role will take on the responsibility of managing the end-to-end ownership of database issues and ensuring standards are maintained across regions and companies. There are a multitude of database platforms to support, including Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2 along with NoSQL Databases as well as Cloud proprietary databases (Aurora, RDS, Azure SQL etc).
The candidate will work in the Corporate Database Team and will be expected to perform the following duties:
· Database Administration (SQL Server 2016/2017/2019/2022) with good exposure of Azure.
· Support of database installation and configuration, monitoring and housekeeping, upgrade and patching, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and performance tuning.
· Good knowledge & exposure of PowerBI is mandatory.
· Good hands-on with PowerShell & Automation.
· Good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Azure & AWS.
· Manage problem resolution via the JIRA call handling tool.
· Provide L1/L2 level support for other database technologies including PostgreSQL, Sybase & MySQL.
Required Skills & Experience
· 6+ years’ experience with SQL Database Administration
· 2+ years’ experience with PowerBI.
· 2+ years’ experience with at least one other rdbms PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Sybase.
· Unix Operating System knowledge and exposure; comfortable at command line level (Redhat Linux an advantage).
· Good knowledge of PowerShell or Python for Automation.
· Proven experience of delivering large scale projects
· Proven experience working in enterprise scale environments
· Oracle Certification to OCP level
· Knowledge of one other rdbms (Preferably MySQL or PostgreSQL)
· MongoDB administration skills would be an added advantage.
· Windows administration.
Other Skills and Knowledge
· Has gained experience (typically more than two years) in commercial/ administrative / industrial working environments with practical experience of supporting and developing databases.
· Has a disciplined and analytical approach to complex issues. Demonstrates the ability to work with initiative, creativity and flexibility. Possesses an understanding of the interaction between system components and general IT processing concepts. Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
· Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality. Has good knowledge of the system components and interfaces being integrated. Has good knowledge of configuration issues.
· Has a systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem solving with demonstrable verbal and written communications skills.