ION is a community of visionary innovators, dedicated to providing pioneering software and consultancy services to financial institutions, trading firms, central banks, governments, and corporations around the world. We strive to simplify the way people work. We do that by providing workflow and process automation software, as well as providing real-time data and business intelligence to help people make better decisions.
Since our inception in 1999, we have helped our clients transform their businesses through continuous innovation. By designing solutions and services that turn complexity into simplicity, boost efficiency, and enable better decision-making, we help our clients achieve more at lower cost, so they can be more successful in the long term.
With a dynamic team of 13,000+ employees, 50+ offices globally, and over 4,800+ customers worldwide, ION provides an unparalleled career experience for those who share our passion for growth and technology evolution.
Operationally ION is structured in five areas of expertise:
• Analytics: Investment banking M&A, equity and debt data, analytics, and content.
• Commodities: Energy and commodities trading and risk management software solutions.
• Markets: Trade pricing, trade execution, trade processing and workflow automation solutions.
• Treasury: Treasury and risk management software solutions.
• Core Banking: Core banking and financial software for financial institutions.
Our Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a foundational global initiative focused on developing talent for ION’s growing operations globally. The program provides an opportunity for outstanding university graduates to start a career in a dynamic and fast paced global fintech and automation provider.
Analysts will spend the first 18 months of their career in 3 unique 6-month rotations covering a broad range of ION's core capabilities.
Sample rotations include:
• Corporate Development
• Business Intelligence & Data Analytics
• Consulting & Professional Services
• Account Management
• Project Management
• Product Management
• Implementation Services
• Client Support
• Sales & Pre-Sales
At the end of their rotations analysts will then transition to a deeper dive in one area of ION. The program spans 8 offices, with vertical (product specific) or horizontal (non-product specific) opportunities depending on the location.
Travel and international opportunities are available and encouraged.
What you'll do
You will be working at the forefront of the FinTech industry on teams with fellow analysts and experienced subject matter experts. After 3 weeks of structured training, you will quickly be expected to take ownership of challenging projects that make a real difference to our company and our customers. You will gain exposure and extensive skills related to the different areas of ION's capabilities. Throughout the program you will also be encouraged to pursue interests and skills outside of your rotation to further yourself and the organization.
Representative Analyst Projects
Conducted a strategic assessment of sales and trading workflows for a global investment bank's fixed income division to help standardize processes, automate manual touchpoints, and improve overall sales efficiency.
Worked as part of a team conducting a structured business and technical analysis to help a global investment bank design a new solution to achieve compliance with impending European regulations.
Supported project management, by producing activity reports and participating in customer status calls for a multi-million-dollar project for one of the world’s leading beverage companies.
• Communicate effectively
• Prepare internal and client-facing presentations and analyses
• Take ownership of projects and manage deadlines
• Exercise attention to detail in all aspects of performance
• Multitask and think critically under pressure
• Demonstrate creativity and innovation
• Think strategically and build mental models
• Automate to simplify complex processes internally and for customers
• 2:1 or above (either expected or achieved)
• Evidence of interest to work in finance and technology
• Demonstrated leadership potential both in and out of the classroom
• Passion for learning and a desire to build
• Strong problem-solving capabilities and the desire to understand the "why" behind each problem
• You love discovery and hate the repetition of chaos
• You have energy and enthusiasm, yet exhibit discipline and rigor
• Candidates welcome from all academic backgrounds
How you'll grow
Upon completion of the LDP, you will have a well-formed view of the FinTech industry. Through the rotational opportunities supported by continuous feedback, coaching, and mentoring, you will develop critical skills and professional capabilities fundamental to your career.
At ION we encourage our analysts to step outside their comfort zones. The LDP gives analysts the opportunity to identify their passions and cultivate their skills. Our goal is for you to complete the program equipped with sufficient knowledge and the potential to become future leaders.
Find your passion, build your skills, hone your execution excellence, and make a difference.
Application process & deadline
Applications for 2024 open 14 September 2023.
Applicants that submit successful online applications will be required to complete online verbal and numerical reasoning assessments within 4 days of receiving the test link.
Successful applicants will subsequently be invited to a video interview.
The final part of the process is an assessment day at our London office, consisting of interviews, a case study and a group exercise.
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready because initial video interviews can occur prior to the application period closing.
We aim to notify you of your application status approximately one month after we receive your application.
Application deadline is 01 November 2023.
Final assessment day will be in early December 2023, date to be confirmed.