What are we trying to do?
The Fidessa Global Trading Platform provides industry-leading trading functionality across a range of asset classes. The QA team works with the development teams to test high performance F&O exchange connections as well as the Order Management System and complex trading functionality.
The QA team routinely test mandatory exchange upgrades, the introduction of new instruments, new OMS functionality and also perform automated and manual regression testing on multiple products and exchanges for each monthly release.
What do we need help with?
We are looking for enthusiastic people who are passionate about testing complex client server solutions and understand the financial markets, especially derivatives. We require people who have a mixed set of skills, have been educated in the testing processes and principles, are at ease manually testing a front end order management system and can also automate tests using C#.
You will be involved in working with all parts of the business throughout the software development lifecycle. The released software will form part of a world-leading suite offering rich functionality.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant team testing high performance applications to global financial markets.
- Proven experience of the software development lifecycle in a commercial environment.
- Proven experience with testing principles, practices and processes.
- Experience writing test plans, scripts and running tests on complex client-server applications.
- Ability to write concise, error-free and reusable code and test cases.
- A solid understanding and demonstrable experience in C++/C#/Java or equivalent OOP languages.
- Familiarity with test automation tools and frameworks such as TestNG, NUnit or Junit Linux / Unix operating systems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communicator. Ability to interpret requirements and specifications and to describe highly technical designs or solutions simply and clearly to less technical audiences.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise own workload and adhere to deadlines.
- Financial markets knowledge, especially in derivatives, is an advantage.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.