We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
We have 13,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, but we’re only getting started.
As part of a highly motivated team, your role will be pivotal in the management of ION’s projects internally and with our customers. You will be involved in every aspect of running our projects working with product development, delivery, sales and finance teams.
Your duties and responsibilities
• Programme/Project management of large complex implementation projects with ION customers, covering multi-million pound, multi-phased, development and deployment projects.
• Programme/Project management of internal digital transformation programmes such as migration of mission critical trading platforms to cloud.
• Programme management of ION product development teams helping drive the delivery of innovation and workflow automation solutions
• Programme management of large scale multi-year, multi-product initiatives coordinating across professional services implementation, development, infrastructure and operational teams.
We might ask you to perform other tasks and duties as your role expands.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
• Experience in leading and managing medium to large client facing projects with multi-disciplinary teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to summarize succinctly
• Strong attention to detail with an eye for risk management
• Demonstrate a pro-active approach to solving complex problems within a project
• Ability to work in a complex client facing environment with many external touchpoints and dependencies
• Evidence of management of conflict with teams and with customers
• Tenacious in ensuring the project progresses to successful conclusion
• Commercial understanding around costs and revenue on projects
• Problem solver with ability to network across organizations to get things done
• Accurate and methodical, and capable of working to tight deadlines
• Experience working as part of a global team
• Familiar in working in technical environments
• Have a clear drive towards continuous improvement
• A good level of written and spoken English (>= B2).
• Technical skills
· Excel (expert), Word, PowerPoint, MS Teams, JIRA
· Use of wiki based document management system such as Confluence and SharePoint
• Business knowledge of Fixed Income Markets
• Use of Kanban within Agile environment
• Use of PowerBI for data reporting
• Understanding of databases and SQL
• Use of Timesheet system (Kimble)
Contract and locations
· Contract Type: Full-time, permanent contract.
· Locations: Pisa
Enjoy a hybrid work culture that offers the best of remote flexibility and in-person collaboration.
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99) Please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
If you’re from a non-EU country, you must have a valid EU visa or work permit.