Product Owner (Order Management System) – 4632
Your roles and responsibilities
- Gather and analyze requirements from internal and external parties (clients, partners, vendors, etc.)
- Design solutions, perform acceptance testing, create user documentation, and support launch of new product features in focus areas
- Prepares product impact assessment and review with engineering groups, estimates effort
- Product analysis of existing features within the OMS and EMS. This does include all aspects of the order management, including order generation through to post trade affirmation and confirmation
- Work closely with Development and QA teams to design feature enhancements
- Responsible for estimation collation, priority ranking and planning
- Ensure product documentation is updated and maintained. New features must be documented as part of the development process.
- Interaction with users and internal counterparts to demo and explain new features.
- Serve as the expert in focus areas, staying abreast of competitor activity, market activity, partnership opportunities and regulatory issues while maintaining a list of potential product enhancements for focus areas.
- Occasionally support pre-sales demonstrations
- Support sales, marketing and client support efforts related to focus areas
Required skills, qualifications, and experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in within financial services, preferably a buy side investment organization or software vendor within this sector.
- Familiarity with front to back-office workflows such as electronically trading multi-asset financial instruments; managing regulatory, client, and internal compliance; and handling investment operations
- Knowledge of other financial and/or trading industry and trading systems, including PMS/EMS and compliance products.
- Experience of portfolio management and trade lifecycle
- Experience in researching and understanding client requirements to develop an effective backlog for your Scrum Team.
- Knowledge of product design principles and processes, as well as agile software development methodologies.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to engage with clients and prospects to understand their business and operations requirements.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Self-motivated – ‘Find a way to get it done’ attitude.
- Proven ability to do requirements analysis, functional design and user interface
- Specific knowledge of the investment industry (financial instruments, workflows, major players, trends, etc.)
- Strong contributor with high motivation, with the ability to take initiative, set priorities and perform tasks with minimal guidance
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience of all elements of financial data used in Investment management
- Knowledge of Jira and the Software Delivery Life Cycle
- Knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of Technical integration methods such as APIs
- Detailed knowledge of data across all asset classes and data types
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts