We are looking for an experienced, hands-on, Principal Visual Designer to work on ION’s visual design language across a number of financial products. Your work will be central to product teams designing market leading applications, with consistent user experience and branding, at scale. You will also be central to establishing and evolving our Design System.
A portfolio is required as part of the application.
- Defining, leading and delivering on the Visual Design strategy and vision within large complex engagements.
- Building strong partnerships and advocating for UCD and Visual Design across the organization.
- Working closely/collaborating with the designers on the Design System – the key source of direction for all new ION products.
- Working with Product and Design leadership to establish a governance model and promote design excellence across all products.
- Presenting designs to internal clients/teams/stakeholders, articulating and advocating design concepts and rationale.
- Defining and facilitating knowledge sharing processes to improve collaboration.
- Championing accessible design.
- Reviewing visual design deliverables within the product area you are responsible for and helping with prioritization.
- Providing UI design leadership, support and direction to the Product Design teams
- Helping establish an inclusive, collaborative, and creative team culture
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years experience practicing visual design within different working environments – agency/client side
- Experience designing professional complex/financial products across multiple platforms/devices
- Experience working collaboratively with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers
- Experience designing and working with financial products and applications
- Experience in developing WCAG AA/AAA accessible projects
- Expert knowledge of Figma
- Self-motivated and driven professional with a passion for pure visual design
- Excellent level of spoken and written English .
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group with 13,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe,
Our ever-expanding global footprint, cutting edge products, and over 40,000 customers worldwide provide an unparalleled career experience for those who share our vision.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.