We’re a diverse group of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
· Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
· Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will be responsible for the analysis, definition, design, development, maintenance and customization of products and solutions. You will contribute to the development of the core company products and solutions, with a focus on optimizing their functionality.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to think critically, to assess both your own code and that of your colleagues, and provide comprehensive recommendations on any possible improvements.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
· Writes new software, makes modifications to existing software applications and modules with a focus on reducing latency and improving performance system.
· Translates technical requirements and design documentation into application code and modules.
· Helps maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
· Identifies bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems.
· Makes suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements.
· Creates and executes unit testing and integration testing ensuring modules meet requirements.
· Contributes to the analysis of development requirements, provides design options and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
· Provided technical support to operations and other development teams.
· Interacts with QA to solve issues.
· Creates and maintains technical documentation/manual related to assigned components to ensure supportability.
· Uses disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards, software best practice guidelines and security and cybersecurity company policies.
Qualifications & Requirements
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/IT Engineering or related technical degree from a reputed college/university.
· 4+ years of experience in software development.
· Good knowledge of one or more programming languages like Java, C/C++ etc.
· Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming.
· Good knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
· Full-stack development using Spring MVC, Spring boot, Spring Security, Hibernate/MyBatis, Angular and Bootstrap
· Working knowledge of messaging queues, AMQP, Kafka
· CI/CD concepts with knowledge of Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes
· Ability to write a well-structured, documented, and easy to maintain code.
· Hands-on experience and expertise of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN.
· Experience in design and development of cloud-based enterprise applications
· General understanding of software development quality process.
· Basic knowledge of Agile methodologies.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Fluency in English.
· Ability to prioritize activities and perform effectively in a deadline environment.
· Willingness to continuously learn and improve technical skills with little hand-holding.
· Planning skills and results-oriented.