We’re a diverse group of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
· Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
· Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Mergermarket is looking for an experienced Mumbai-based Origination Assistant Editor to provide pre-editing support to the EMEA-based team of reporters. The role would suit a senior editor, with experience working as a reporter on news desks driven by off-dairy content. Knowledge of M&A markets and/or finance as well as good knowledge of how to craft sharp and succinct stories would be distinct advantages.
· Edit articles produced by the team in EMEA, with a focus on editing on-the-record interviews with company executives, shareholders and private equity partners on the companies’ future growth plans and strategies
· Provide editorial direction on articles and ensure the accuracy of information gathered by reporters, ensuring all published content adheres to Mergermarket coverage criteria and is relevant to our readers
· Maintain copy discipline so that mistakes and corrections are minimised
· Work alongside EMEA managers, editors, reporters and research analysts to ensure delivery of quality reporting in a timely manner
· Source lead and interview ideas for reporters in the EMEA team
· Excellent English speaking and writing skills
· Experience reporting and editing for financial news services, newspapers or online publications
· Keen eye for detail
· Ability to independently source potential market intelligence leads