We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
What do we need help with?
We require a mid-level network engineer to work as part of a newly created infrastructure team. The successful candidate will be part of a triage team with direct first line responsibility for ensuring day-to-day operational performance of ION’s global networks is maintained to the highest standard.
Responsibility will include responding to alerts, handling, tracking and providing follow-through on incidents, triage, root cause analysis, raising change tickets, and escalating matters with internal and external counterparts.
The candidate will work to optimize the performance, reliability, and monitoring of the global network infrastructure and work in tandem with the global NOC team.
The role will require candidates to work outside of normal business hours as part of a formal 24x7x365 operational support team
The successful candidate will be a team player who is equally comfortable working on their own initiative with the ability to think “outside of the box” and demonstrate exceptional operational, integration and service management skills. The ability to perform rapid problem analysis and solution synthesis is key to build credibility in the role. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a demanding, availability and time sensitive environment is expected.
What you will do?
The candidate will work in the Operations Triage team and will be expected to perform the following duties:
1. Provide initial triage support (level 1) for incidents and problem resolution as appropriate
2. Maintain and review operational and technical design documentation
3. Work with third party resources in reporting and investigating raised events and alerts
4. Management of the group email and triage alert queues
5. Assist with deployment of pre- approved changes as appropriate
6. Attend team and external meetings as needed
7. Attend data centers for physical work if needed and as required
8. Interact with other team members and other teams to progress incidents and escalations
9. Hand-over outstanding issues to global NOC teams using follow-the-sun model
What you’ll need to know:
· Willingness to work scheduled support hours as part of a 24x7x365 operational environment required
· Proven operational support experience in a time-sensitive, customer-facing environment
· Proven network support experience and familiarity with network monitoring + management tools (such as PRTG, Nagios, etc)
· Understanding of and exposure to BGP, OSPF and IP multicast (PIM-SM and IGMP)
· Experience working with enterprise level Data Centre architecture and infrastructures
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experienced in the practical application of ITIL practices and processes, i.e. working in a formal incident management/change control led environment
· Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills; the ideal candidate will be able to talk at length about their approach to troubleshooting
Ø Experience with Microsoft Visio to review network documentation
Ø Experience of working with and supporting enterprise level mainstream network vendor platforms (Cisco/Arista/Juniper)
Ø Experience of working with and supporting load balancers (F5/Citrix etc)
Ø Multi-Vendor firewall experience. Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco
Ø Formal network qualifications (CCNA/CCNP or equivalent) or relevant experience
Ø Experience of working in fast moving 24/7 operational environments
Who we are?
Automation positively transforms the lives of people and business. Our software helps you improve decision-making, increase efficiency, simplify complex processes and empower your people. We enable financial institutions, central banks and corporations to digitize and automate their most business-critical processes. We are reinventing the way business is done through innovations in automation technology.
We encourage creativity by automating repetitive tasks.
We think long-term to get it right the first time
We are not limited by the status quo: we challenge boundaries, question assumptions and make transformative leaps.