DASH Financial Technologies (a part of ION Group) is a leading trading technology provider to the institutional trading community. With a suite of highly customizable tools, DASH designs and delivers intelligent, high performance solutions in four product categories: Trading Technologies, Execution Services, Analytics and Regulatory Technologies. With a relentless focus on transparency, performance and customization, DASH Financial Technologies caters to institutions that require increasingly specialized, complex, and adaptable tools to exceed their goals surrounding best execution.
DASH was launched in 2011 with the mission to create elegant, high performance technology solutions for the capital markets community. Founded on a philosophy of transparency, performance, and service we strive to execute our goals with focus and passion, while fostering a culture of education, innovation, and craftsmanship.
DASH is currently looking for a Mid-level Network Engineer to join our team. DASH is a fast-paced Financial Technology service provider. The ideal candidate for this role understands and is comfortable working in a fluid, challenging, and high-uptime environment. The ideal candidate has excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills. This is a unique opportunity to work in a small shop as a true generalist and have an opportunity to grow technically. It's a rare chance to the learn to how to coordinate, manage and complete entire projects from A to Z.
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Occasional nights and weekend hours. This position will be hybrid, with approximately 3 days in office and 2 days working remotely.
This position will require travel to regional offices. Travel can be up to 10%.
Our main office is in Jersey, City, NJ and our Data Center is in Secaucus, NJ
- Assist the Senior Network Engineers with developing, monitoring, and implementing network security procedures for safeguarding all networking systems.
- Provides support for Chicago based projects which could include 2-4 weeks of travel to the Dash Chicago office and data center,
- Manage the daily activities of local and wide area network systems, perform diagnostics, schedule preventative maintenance.
- Manage and maintain network management tools.
- Create and manage ticketing system.
- Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot issues in network.
- Assist/Support other network related tasks/requirements as directed by management.
- Ship, inventory and prepare cabling and hardware for relevant projects.
- Travel up to 10% of the time to regional offices
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-7 Years or more in I.T Networking Role be it Operations, Implementations or Engineer.
- Basic TCP/IP Knowledge.
- Basic Networking Knowledge (OSI).
- 3-5 years of Basic Command Line expertise within Cisco NXOS or Catalyst.
- 5 years of practical experience with various network devices switches, routers and/or firewalls.
- Basic knowledge of network device types and their standard use’s.
- 3 years of IP address understanding with subnet understanding.
- 1 year of basic Linux and Windows operational experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Have a valid driver's license and automobile in order to travel to main office and data center.
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Problem Solving abilities
- Detail Orientated
More About ION Group
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group with 13,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe,
Our ever-expanding global footprint, cutting edge products, and over 40,000 customers worldwide provide an unparalleled career experience for those who share our vision.
DASH Financial Technologies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DASH Financial Technologies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
DASH Financial Technologies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DASH Financial Technologies employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.