Mergermarket, a division of ION Analytics, is the leading provider of forward-looking intelligence, real-time business news, analysis, and data on M&A. Our global network of dedicated journalists reports on early stage opportunities ahead of other news sources. Together with our specialised analysis and data, Mergermarket offers an indispensable resource for M&A professionals.
The Reporter will cover M&A activities in Japan. He/she will be responsible for interviewing company executives and market experts regarding M&A and investment strategies and market trends to compile into intelligence reports. Preference will be given to candidates with reporting experience, but those without a journalism background will also be considered for the role.
- Interview Japan-based companies and market experts regarding M&A strategies and market trends
- Take charge of a certain sector and remain informed on companies, deals, activities, and trends
- Communicate and cooperate with local and regional team members
- Maintain and expand source network that includes corporate executives, bankers, advisors, lawyers
- Fluent in Japanese and English (articles will be written in English)
- Strong English writing skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Knowledge of the financial markets preferred but not necessary
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, good time management skills
- Work experience in journalism preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.