M&A Reporter – 5907
- Responsibility for coverage via news, longer articles and comment in relation to infrastructure brownfield M&A in the following countries: France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Romania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine, Russia.
- Attend daily news meetings and regular milestone and features meetings, and be prepared to provide original ideas and ways of developing them.
- Provide news leads by 9.15am for Inframation Europe’s “Morning Cut” and by Midday for its “Afternoon Cut”.
- You should monitor rival websites several times a day.
- Work closely with other members of the Inframation team, particularly those actively covering M&A as well as M&A reporters working for Mergermarket and Dealreporter.
- Write at least two news items per days, at least one of which is an exclusive off-diary story.
- News stories should contain context and background, and be written in accordance with the Inframation style guide and standard rules of news writing.
- News stories and longer articles should be delivered within the time frame given to you by your editor.
- Length of news and longer articles (in terms of word count) should be in accordance with directions set by your editor.
- You should write one feature per month.
- In the context of M&A, you should familiarize yourself with key people among equity investors, debt providers, technical advisers, M&A financial advisers, legal advisers.
- You should develop a spreadsheet of the following types of contacts for all the geographies you are covering: Equity investors; debt funds; banks; technical advisors; Due diligence advisors; financial M&A advisors; legal advisors; model auditors
- Attend at least two meetings a week with contacts through coffee meetings, lunches, evening drinks.
- Attend at least one conference every two months relating to your M&A area of coverage.
- Arrange at least one overseas trip every three months to meet contacts within your areas of coverage.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts