What are we trying to do?
This team build, maintain and monitor the technology infrastructure and services that underpin the entire division. They comprise of staff staff based in London, Chicago, Singapore, Hong Kong and Delhi that manage Ion owned hosting in 20 global datacenters (across North American, EMEA and APAC) as well deployments in AWS. The resilience of the infrastructure and services provided in a mission-critical environment is key to the success of the organization as a whole.
What do we need help with?
We require an experienced mid to senior level Linux Systems Engineer to work in the operations group in Noida. The candidate should be able to demonstrate exceptional debugging, issue investigation and resolution skills. Once they have proven their competency, they will be expected to be able to work with peers but also be autonomous and make shrewd technical decisions. We are transitioning from a more classic support model to something with a high level of automation so they will be expected to have skills and experience in classic OS/infrastructure support as well automation technologies.
What you will do?
The candidate will work in the ASP Operations team and will be expected to perform the following duties:
Proven third line support experience in a time-sensitive, customer-facing environment
Understand Linux RedHat based Linux infrastructure and operations
Provide level 1-3 Linux support
Provide level 1-3 support for HP server/ Vmware / Infrastructure /storage related requirements and incidents.
Test, verify, debug and deploy servers and configurations according to standards.
Raise, technically verify and implement change control requests
Update and audit change management database entries as needed
Attend team and external meetings as needed
Interact with other team members and other teams to progress projects and incidents
Willingness to work irregular hours and weekends when required, to cover London, Chicago and Sydney time zones.
What you’ll need to know:
· Experience with Redhat based Linux distributions 6 and 7 (8 desirable)
· Administrative experience of Virtualization technologies especially VMware Vcenter and Vsphere. Experience in KVM and HyperV desirable also
· Experience with server deployment automation (Puppet, ansible, Satellite, Foreman, kickstart, scripting, Splunk or ELK). Experience of AWS cloud system deployment, CDK/Cloud formation desirable.
· Experience with HP hardware (or similar) management and troubleshooting i.e. servers (Blade chassis, blades and rackmounts), fibre switches, storage (3par, Primera, EVA, MSA), LUN provisioning
· Experience with monitoring systems administration including Nagios, Check_MK and OMD
· Server configuration in general (email, storage, log analysis, OS hardening and security, PAM modules, FW, patching, repositories etc.
· Understanding of services, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, NFS, CIFS etc
· Linux AD integration (LDAP, multifactor integration, RADIUS)
· Scripting languages (bash required; perl, ruby, etc. desirable)
· Excellent communication skills, ability explain complex ideas in simple terms, presentation skills desirable.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to integrate well with own and other teams to build strong working relationships
· Strong multitasking, prioritisation and time management skills within a fast paced, changing environment
· Experienced in the practical application of ITIL practices and processes
· Aptitude for learning and professional development
· Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills; the ideal candidate will be able to talk at length about their approach to troubleshooting, and perhaps be experienced or qualified in a formal troubleshooting methodology like Kepner-Tregoe Problem Analysis
Education and expertise
B.E./B.Tech / Master of Computer Applications with 3 to 5 years' experience
Financial Services Background
Who you are:
You are a team player who is comfortable working on autonomously and demonstrated an exceptional ability to think “outside of the box”. You are ambitious, enthusiastic and professional. You are driven to succeed in a fast-paced, challenging environment. You are comfortable managing multiple priorities at once and exhibit excellent time management and organizational skills. You communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and verbally. You also exhibit meticulous attention to detail. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a demanding, availability and time sensitive environment is expected.
Who we are?
Automation positively transforms the lives of people and business. Our software helps you improve decision-making, increase efficiency, simplify complex processes and empower your people. We enable financial institutions, central banks and corporations to digitize and automate their most business-critical processes. We are reinventing the way business is done through innovations in automation technology.
We encourage creativity by automating repetitive tasks.
We think long-term to get it right the first time
We are not limited by the status quo: we challenge boundaries, question assumptions and make transformative leaps.