We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Publishing in-depth legal research on corporate restructuring issues in large Chapter 11 cases, conceptualizing and executing ad hoc reports, producing same-day analysis of market-moving events
- Augment articles from reporting desk, data reports and assist bankruptcy court reporters with producing their news reports
Required Skills , Experience and Qualifications
- Action oriented: The ideal candidate must demonstrate a results-oriented attitude, and also be able to work collaboratively with a dynamic team of journalists, editors, analysts, and lawyers
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for in-depth analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to explain complex legal issues to non-lawyers, and the ability to work with people at all levels
- Superior time management capabilities; consummate multi-tasker; ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- J.D., journal membership preferred
- 3-5 years of experience at a law firm in the corporate restructuring department representing debtors and/or creditors in large Chapter 11 cases.
- Substantial comprehension of topical restructuring legal issues.
- Substantial comprehension of the Bankruptcy Code/Rules.
- Comprehension of the general administrative and substantive corporate finance issues that arise in restructurings.
- Previous familiarity with the Debtwire product offering is a plus.