We are looking for a talented Lead Visual Designer to join our User Experience team and help establish UCD within a division of the organisation. We are looking for someone who is an expert in visual design and enjoys creating the UI for complex B2B products.
You will apply UCD techniques to understand ION’s customer needs, business goals and technology capabilities to deliver market-leading products which have the highest impact, usability, and success.
A portfolio is required as part of the application.
- Creating pixel perfect UI and visual designs for complex products
- Raising the level of craft and finish in all delivered design solutions
- Collaborating with UX Architects to propose the future experience of our products
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with Product Managers, Data Scientists and Engineers to ensure visual design is a part of the product design process
- Contributing to and evolving our Design System
- Helping ensure designs meet accessibility standards
- Communicating/presenting the rationale behind your design decisions internally
- and to stakeholders
- Producing detailed documentation for delivering designs to developers
- Collaborating with developers and engineers to ensure an efficient and high quality build that adheres to the visual design specifications
- Staying on top of new ideas and best practice in UI design to keep improving the team’s work
- Helping establish an inclusive, collaborative, and creative team culture
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Visual design expertise with strong abilities in typography, colour, layout and hierarchy
- 8+ years experience in visual design
- Experience designing the UI of complex products, particularly within finance.
- Experience working collaboratively with Product Managers, UX Architects and Engineers.
- A specialist in Figma and using design systems/design tokens
- Experience with delivering specifications, assets and reviewing designs in build before release
- Very good level of spoken and written English
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group with 13,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe,
Our ever-expanding global footprint, cutting edge products, and over 40,000 customers worldwide provide an unparalleled career experience for those who share our vision.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.