We are looking for a talented Lead UX Architect to join our new User Experience team. You are an expert in user-centred design, motivated and enjoy learning new concepts in complex domains. You will apply UCD techniques to understand ION’s customer needs, business goals and technology capabilities to deliver market-leading products which have the highest impact, usability, and success.
This position is for a full-time, permanent contract based in Milan or Pisa.
Enjoy a hybrid work culture that offers the best of remote flexibility and in-person collaboration.
What you’ll be doing
· Putting users at the centre of a flexible design process to solve complex business problems
· Researching and analysing customer needs, goals and pains
· Using these insights to create user journeys, concepts, sketches, wireframes, and interactive prototypes as appropriate
· Advocating for UCD and demonstrating the value through the rationale behind your research and design decisions
· Being the voice of the user in product decisions and being comfortable challenging an “it’s always been done this way” mindset
· Collaborating with a Visual Designer who will create the final pixel-perfect visual designs
· Providing Engineers with verbal and written guidance to build the proposals and collaborating with them to ensure the workflows meet the users’ needs and interactions are consistent
· Collaborating closely with the wider UX Design team for consistency and alignment
· Contributing to and evolving our design system and UX Architecture methods and processes
· Helping establish an inclusive, collaborative and creative team culture
What we are looking for
· Experience designing complex products with significant scope
· Someone comfortable delivering in a complex stakeholder environment
· 8+ years of UX experience
· Preferably have a Bachelor’s or higher degree in HCI, Design or a related discipline, otherwise being able to demonstrate deep knowledge of the UX practice
· Expertise in user research and design methods to understand the current experience and propose the future experience
· Experience working collaboratively with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers
· Very good level of spoken and written English
· Energy and passion
A portfolio demonstrating how you work as well as your deliverables is needed.
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99
) please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
Please do not apply if you don’t currently have the legal right to work in Italy, or if that right is just about to expire, or if that right has restrictions imposed which would prevent you from undertaking a full-time employment contract.
We will only consider direct applications. CVs received via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.