We are looking for a talented Lead UX Architect to join our User Experience Design team.
You are an expert in user centered design, motivated and enjoy learning new concepts in complex domains. You will apply UCD techniques to understand ION’s customer needs, business goals and technology capabilities to deliver market-leading products which have the highest impact, usability, and success.
Enjoy a hybrid work culture that offers the best of remote flexibility and in-person collaboration.
Your Roles and Responsibilties
- Putting users at the centre of a flexible design process to solve complex business problems
- Researching and analysing customer needs, goals and pains
- Using these insights to create user journeys, concepts, sketches, wireframes, and interactive prototypes as appropriate
- Advocating for UCD and demonstrating the value through the rationale behind your research and design decisions
- Being the voice of the user in product decisions and being comfortable challenging an “it’s always been done this way” mindset
- Collaborating with a Visual Designer who will create the final pixel perfect visual designs
- Providing Engineers with verbal and written guidance to build the proposals and collaborating with them to ensure the workflows meet the users’ needs and interactions are consistent
- Collaborating closely with the wider UX Design team for consistency and alignment
- Contributing to and evolving our design system and UX Architecture methods and processes
- Helping establish an inclusive, collaborative and creative team culture
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Experience designing complex products with significant scope
- Someone comfortable delivering in a complex stakeholder environment
- 8+ years of UX experience
- Preferably have a Bachelor’s or higher degree in HCI, Design or a related discipline, otherwise being able to demonstrate deep knowledge of the UX practice
- Expertise in user research and design methods to understand the current experience and propose the future experience
- Experience working collaboratively with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers
- Very good level of spoken and written English
- Energy and passion
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group with 13,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe,
Our ever-expanding global footprint, cutting edge products, and over 40,000 customers worldwide provide an unparalleled career experience for those who share our vision.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.