The consultant in metallurgical accounting will be part of the Algosys division of ION. The Algosys division specializes in development and implementation of high-level metallurgical accounting software. We pride ourselves on being pioneers and visionary innovators of automation technology. Our mission is to simplify complex processes, streamline businesses and give a competitive advantage to our customers. Our products help leading organizations around the world do more, in a better and simpler way than ever before.
We are seeking a junior consultant in metallurgical accounting to join our dynamic team of professionals. In collaboration with the members of the consultants team, you will contribute to projects of implementation of metallurgical accounting solutions for our clients. You will be more particularly involved in the needs analysis, the elaboration of software specifications, the validation of the released solution and the support to client after installation.
You can work both independently on multiple tasks with minimal guidance and as a team player. You have strong attention to detail, you communicate well with colleagues at all levels, and you exhibit a high capacity for abstraction. Our team is essential to our success. If you share our leading-edge vision and our quest for excellence, you will shine among us.
- Meet clients
- Analyse client needs
- Analyse client production data
- Verify if client practices are following norms and best known practices
- Preparation of client specification reports
- Assist implementation team in preparation of internal specifications
- Design the quality control testing plan
- Redaction of internal and external documents
- Assist implementation team with the solution installation
- Ensure follow-up with the client and provide support
- Ensure first-level support
- Any other task related to his assignation
Required Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, metallurgy or equivalent
- Bilingual French / English
- Between 0 and 2 years of experience
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
- Ability to abstract
- Customer service and relationship building skills
- Ease with teamwork
- Capacity and desire to travel internationally
Preferred Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
- Spanish, an asset
- Knowledge of metallurgical accounting best practices, an asset
- Familiarity with statistical data reconciliation through mass balance, an asset
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.