Exchange Project Managers co-ordinate all stock exchange, data vendor and network provider infrastructure and connectivity activities for ION Markets.
The role comprises of five key project work streams (operational change management, new business projects, client onboarding, cost saving projects, mandatory changes from vendors). Projects cover the full lifecycle from initiation, planning, execution, user acceptance testing, on-boarding and go live activities.
EPM's are responsible for the cost centre related to supported vendors, engaging with management, development and finance to ensure the most cost effective solutions are procured and installed.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Manager in charge of overseeing regulatory, operational and strategic projects through the full delivery lifecycle, for a subset of the 200+ vendors supporting connectivity in ION Markets.
- Commercial ownership of the budget for vendors connectivity expenditure.
- Management of key vendor relationships
- Commercial and procedural infrastructure expert for vendors allocated.
- Ownership of procurement requirements associated with project spend.
- Communication amongst a varied set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive strategic cost saving initiatives by reviewing vendors spend, particularly related to new acquisitions from ION Group.
- Central coordinator for vendor mandated events (business continuity testing, disaster recovery testing, conformance testing etc)
- Responsible for onboarding of new ION Markets customers connections to vendor interfaces.
- Owner of vendor specific documentation (e.g. external documentation, operational guides).
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Degree level education
- At least 2 years' project management experience within the financial markets, ISV technology, data vendors, market data and/or trading technology sector.
- Clear, accurate and concise communicator with strict attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Experience adapting complex technical written and verbal communication to be suitable for a for a non-technical audience.
- Team player who is able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with vendors, suppliers and co-workers.
- Organised with the ability to prioritise own workload and adhere to strict deadlines.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Commercial exposure to managing cost centres and price increases
- Technical awareness of the exchange network and extranet landscape
- Basic understanding of network terminology
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.