JUNIOR DATA ENGINEER
We’re a diverse group of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world. · Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk. · Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity. On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions. With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group. At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work. Learn more at https://iongroup.com/
The analyst will be responsible for doing secondary research and analysis on post-M&A deals. This is currently an individual contributor’s role which will be fast tracked into a spending increasing amount of time with the Data Engineering function for process automation (APIs, machine learning, etc).
The career progression includes moving to the Data Engineering team.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Gaining a good understanding of the Ion Analytics criteria in order to analyze and determine whether or not specific transactions meet the database inclusion criteria.
• Covering financial transactions such as global mergers and acquisitions (M&A), Initial Public Offers (IPO), Private Equity deals, etc.
• Analyzing and synthesizing financial information and publishing the deal reports using publicly available information as well as through various proprietary data bases.
• Comprehend the synergies, market conditions and potential deal financing terms.
• Maintain and expand the historical M&A database to ensure it reflects and provides a consistent high standard of data for analysis.
• The ideal candidate is expected to have a results-oriented attitude and be able to work collaboratively within the larger team.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications Required:
• Basic knowledge of M&A markets and keen interest in research & analysis.
• Basic knowledge of coding skills (Python, R, Tableau, SQL, etc.)
• Proficiency in MS Office