As a member of the IT Services Desk Team, you will provide a first line and second line support for the internal IT Infrastructure. This is an exciting chance to gain experience working in a front-line support environment and develop your technical skills and system knowledge.
The successful candidate will need a strong technical and analytical skills, demonstrate knowledge of the use of technology, as well as strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of users with varying levels of computer familiarity.
- 2 – 3 years of IT Service Desk Support experience
- Windows 7 & 10 desktop experience
- Active Directory administration experience
- Experience with Anti-Virus/Endpoint Protection software
- Strong MS Office 365 skills, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Calmness under pressure and ability to maintain good humour
- Be able to grasp concepts quickly, and have attention to detail
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with users and technical teams
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Excellent time management
- Team player
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first line support for internal IT equipment and systems used by ION employees
- PC hardware and software installation and troubleshooting, including peripherals
- Accurately record/assign details of calls in our issue tracking system
- Accurately categorize faults and queries and prioritize them in accordance with agreed Service Levels
- Ensure that all Help Desk related issues are resolved or where necessary escalated
- Manage call-logging queues as required, ensuring timely and accurate professional feedback on progress
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance in the rapid restoration of normal services to internal users
- Ensure that all IT related equipment is configured to an agreed specification and documented as necessary
- Produce and maintain documentation for use by end users and other members of the Corporate IT team
- Ability to provide cover to offices in different regions when required. Advance notice for this will be given
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.