About the Job
ION Markets is growing, and we are looking for software engineers, QA analysts and automated test engineers to join the team responsible for developing and testing the Fidessa equity trading platform. Fidessa provides everything needed for global equities trading in one, integrated solution that serves 25,000 users at 1,500 firms, with 200 Fidessa platforms managing $22 trillion annually. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is front and centre of everything we do.
As a member of the team building the Fidessa front-end, you are responsible for the user experience of our 25,000 users. Developing primarily in C#, you will be working with other passionate and experienced product managers, architects and engineers to deliver our next generation trading front-end.
ION Markets mission is to be the #1 partner of choice for trading automation, analytics and infrastructure to the community of financial market participants. We are on a journey to revolutionise the financial markets in partnership with our customers, and want you along for the ride.
· Design, implement and support well tested, high quality and maintainable components that contributes to the Fidessa user interface.
· Contribute and collaborate with product owners, architects and other software engineers to deliver a compelling user experience.
· Manage and prioritise own work to ensure the highest quality delivery to deadlines.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other STEM discipline
· Experience programming in C# or transferable object orientated skills from similar languages such as Java or C++
· Demonstrated best-practice software engineering including some aspects of agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, code reviews and continuous build
· Experience of the whole development lifecycle, from collecting requirements, through design, to build and test
· Financial markets knowledge
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.