The Cybersecurity Law Report (www.cslawreport.com
), part of the ION Group, is the leading information resource focused on the legal, regulatory, compliance and operational aspects of data privacy and cybersecurity. Our subscribers – key decision-makers at multi-national companies and at law firms – rely on us to help them define best practices, mitigate regulatory risk and perform their day-to-day jobs more effectively.
Along with its sister products that are part of the Law Report Group – the Hedge Fund Law Report (www.hflawreport.com
), the Private Equity Law Report (www.pelawreport.com
) and the Anti-Corruption Report (www.anti-corruption.com
) – the Cybersecurity Law Report combines vigorous reporting and proprietary legal analysis to generate actionable intelligence on critical business issues. We are part of ION Analytics, owned by ION Group, a global provider of trading, analytics and risk management solutions to financial institutions and others.
The Cybersecurity Law Report has an immediate opening for an experienced, enthusiastic writer and editor to join the team on a freelance basis, with the expectation of submitting approximately one in-depth article per week at the rate of $750 to $1000 per article, depending on experience and type of article. The role will be remote.
- Researching and writing articles of various types – including our feature thematic, Q&A, analysis and webinar/panel coverage articles – based on extensive interviews of and other interactions with industry experts. Articles typically address developments in the field (i.e., regulation, laws, breaches, settlements, guidelines, etc.), best practices for the industry and other topics relevant to our subscribers;
- Identifying article topics, themes, trends and ideas that are central to the day-to-day business practices of our subscribers – primarily through engagement with sources and secondarily through reading, viewing webinars and other information gathering;
- Editing articles (separate rate) for publication, including articles submitted by outside contributors;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key industry participants with the goals of: understanding the “pain points” experienced by practitioners (particularly CPOs, CISOs, GCs, CCOs and COOs), cultivating sources for articles, gathering industry intelligence, and exploring event and other collaboration opportunities.
Experience and Skills Required
- Juris Doctor or equivalent law degree preferred, but not required;
- Strong command of privacy and cybersecurity laws and regulations, evidenced by at least three years of practical legal or reporting experience dealing with privacy and/or cybersecurity-related issues;
- Excellent reporting, writing, research, organizational and analytical abilities, with a demonstrated capacity to consistently create engaging, thorough, sophisticated articles under deadline that require minimal editing;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- Excellent proofreading skills.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group with 13,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe,
Our ever-expanding global footprint, cutting edge products, and over 40,000 customers worldwide provide an unparalleled career experience for those who share our vision.