Fidessa – Technical Support Analyst – 7918
- Investigates incidents assigned to them.
- Prioritizes incidents and keep them up to date on the internal incident tracking system.
- Communicates updates effectively and promptly to the client.
- Builds up and maintains a knowledge of the software supported, including database structure and configuration files to assist in issue investigation.
- Deals with unexpected events or failures which limit clients use of the supported systems
- Carries out application system checks, aiming to identify and resolve issues before they impact clients
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments to assist with the delivery of our service to clients
- Adheres to "best practice" and department procedures for client communications, incident progression and investigation
- Participates in the team shift patterns and assists with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required
Required skills, knowledge, and experience
- Have an enquiring mind with an analytical and proactive approach to problem solving, even when under pressure
- Good grounding in and desire to develop technical skills in areas such as database technologies and system performance.
- Ability to read and understand code in one or more of the following: C++, TCL, UNIX Scripting
- Ability to troubleshoot and approach problem solving in a logical manner
- Technical Support Analysts need to be dynamic, resilient and objective, delivering rapid and accurate solutions to the incidents raised by customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- A confident and professional manner
- Able to manage own time and a changing workload
- Co-operative approach to working with team members and other departments
- Able to view situations from a customer perspective and act accordingly
- A strong desire to develop a deep understanding of financial markets and business flows and system functionality
- Working knowledge of networks and network infrastructure is desirable
- A good Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent disciplines
- A background working with stock exchange trading systems
- A good working knowledge of FIX connectivity
- 3 years previous work experience in a similar application support role
- Technical expertise in the following areas
- one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Tcl, Unix/Linux Shell script, Visual Basic, C++)
- Unix (Solaris preferred)
- Linux (Red Hat Enterprise preferred)
- SQL and relational databases
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts