Fidessa – Implementation Engineer – Cleared Derivatives – 7079
Your duties and responsibilities
- To build, configure, test and deploy Fidessa trading platforms, exchange connections and market data services
- To enable, configure, test and deploy additional or new services and software features.
- To analyze, design, develop, configure, test & deploy solutions to specific customer requirements.
- Implementing and deploying strategic projects
- To ensure that all client systems/configurations are "fit for purpose" upon delivery.
- To maintain a constant service to our existing customer base via the delivery of frequent upgrades and maintenance to ensure compatibility with stock exchanges, regulatory changes and other software vendors, in a dynamic, constantly changing marketplace.
- Planning, implementing and deploying hardware performance enhancements and upgrades.
- To provide support before, during and after the roll-out of software changes.
- To write and maintain technical documentation relating to the upgrading, maintenance and deployment of Fidessa systems, products and services.
- To attend internal meetings to discuss the progress of assigned tasks / key initiatives.
- To attend external meetings with Fidessa clients, where required.
- To liaise with the customer or internal Fidessa teams and provide regular progress updates for their key issues or deliverables.
- To escalate issues to your line manager or project manager as appropriate.
- The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them.
- The role can potentially involve a client facing component and as such, personal presentation is a key requirement.
- The role requires flexibility to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- The role may require some flexibility for overseas travel as there may be opportunities for project work across the region or globally.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications (Required)
- Must have a degree in a Computer Science/Engineering or numerate discipline of grade 2:1 or above (or regional equivalent) or relevant industrial experience.
- Knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language.
- Experience with Linux or UNIX.
- Although not a pure development role, there is a requirement to be able to understand code, and programming fundamentals and to have an ability to develop software solutions using the software building blocks provided by Fidessa.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, organized and proactive.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong analytical approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, whilst also assuming responsibility for your own work.
- Must be able to take ownership of assigned tasks, anticipate potential problems & take prompt pre-emptive actions, if required. Ensures that all tasks are completed to a very high standard.
- Must be eager to learn new skills to enhance capability.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts