A position exists within the First-Line Support team at Fidessa for a highly motivated and driven individual. First-Line Support acts as the liaison between our customers' and Fidessa’s Technical Support and Service Desk Support teams, ensuring production issues are prevented where possible. When there are issues, these must be effectively tracked, actioned and escalated to the appropriate specialist teams. First Line Support are also primarily responsible for the real-time monitoring of all production applications hosted across 26 data centers that cover more than 100 equities markets. These systems are critical to over 25,000 users at over 1,500 firms with over $25 trillion managed on them annually.
Candidates will demonstrate that they are self-motivated, self-directed team players capable of working with minimal supervision. They will need to possess initiative and good problem solving skills, as well as have a flexible and pro-active nature since the role will continually require multi-tasking, patience, and a push to achieve results when given very little direction.
This is an excellent opportunity for graduates or someone with a few years' experience who wants exposure to the inner workings of the global financial markets, with many different career pathways.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyses each call, using business acumen to identify the nature of the incident and action appropriately
- Deals with calls immediately, either independently or by passing to the appropriate team to ensure optimum resolution
- Attends client site to assist with issue resolution and increase business knowledge where requested
- Participates in the team shift patterns and assists with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments to assist with the delivery of our service to clients. Adheres to "best practice" and department procedures for client communications, incident progression and investigation
- Monitoring global shared infrastructure and customer applications using proprietary monitoring software
- Investigating errors raised by monitoring systems, resolving when possible, or escalating to the appropriate teams as applicable
- Working closely with Service Desk Support and assisting when needed
- Assisting support teams' technical investigations
- Logging of customer support calls received via phone and e-mail
- Maintaining, updating and running reports in Fidessa's issue tracking system
- Creating ad-hoc documentation and reports at management request
- Other miscellaneous tasks and duties may be added as the role expands. This may include troubleshooting production issues, maintaining static data, and speaking to customers on the phone.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in computer science or finance discipline preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Punctual, reliable, organized and efficient, with excellent attention to detail
- Must be calm and clear-headed when working under high pressure
- Ability to take complex information and break it down into small parts
- Takes a service approach at all times when interacting with customers and colleagues
- Works effectively with others, creates and maintains strong working relationships
- An enthusiastic and effective learner who is coachable
- Strong interest in problem solving
- MS Office proficiency, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word
- Fresh graduates are welcome
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.